Snowbird Property Management
Vancouver Island remains a superb location to spend the summer months or for those residing within our Eastern Provinces; our region represents a welcomed winter retreat.
Often we are approached by clients to oversee the vacant management of their homes for insurance purposes, plus the provision of peace of mind, while they travel for extended period off the Island.
Vacant or Snowbird Management services can be tailored to suit your specific needs.
Most insurance underwriters insist that a home which is vacant for more than 14 days be inspected at regular intervals.
Our services include inspections that meet the underwriter’s requirements and will be completed either weekly or bi-weekly if desired. These inspections entail a full review of the property inside and out, while inspection all the plumbing / mechanical components of the home to ensure there are no potential issues. Our inspectors acquire photographic or video evidence of the state of your home as a virtual record, the same of which will prove beneficial should an issue arise.
On the completion of each inspection, you will received an e-mailed summary defining the date and time of the event, plus any concerns that may require your directive. Should it be necessary, photos will be provided to aid you in a decision.
Maintenance and Operations
As a rule, we at Pemberton Holmes will assist with all maintenance needs whether emergency or directed by you the owner. In addition we will maintain any preventative maintenance program as you’ve determined prior to your departure.
Maintenance issues will come up; hence we will create a plan of response unique to your property so that we can address each issue as efficiently and effectively as possible with no delay. This plan will form part of a home manual prepared by your manager with your input. The same will include all information needed to operate your home and its mechanical features. Its purpose is to protect the integrity of your investment and be available as a point of reference to your manager.
It is our duty to you the owner to supervise and maintain your home in a fashion you prefer. This may include:
- Working with proven, experienced and bonded trades people
- Soliciting quotes for maintenance aspects which exceed an agreed financial ceiling
- Completing regular inspections of your home as determined by yourselves or requested by your insurance underwriter
- Completing preventative maintenance
- Grounds maintenance
- Gutter cleaning
- Window washing
- Chimney cleaning
- Winterizing outside faucets
- Roof treatment for moss and other negative growth
- Well inspection and portability tests as required.
- Pumping of septic as needed or in accordance with CRD regulations and the provision of regular inspections of operating system
- Inspections of completed work to insure fulfillment of the desired contract prior to the payment of invoices
We at Pemberton Holmes believe going the extra mile not only adds value to our relationship as a full service company but represents the level of care those with Executive properties have come to expect.
While the list of added benefits is endless; a few of our added concierge services include:
- Pre-arrival cleaning, airing out, linen changing, setting ambient temperature and general preparation of your home prior to your return home
- We will stock your refrigerator and pantry with items garnered from your pre-established list of preferences.
- For those special moments, we will provide a bouquet of fresh flowers and / or a basket of your favorite fruit or delicacies.
- We will arrange dinner reservations / event planning for any special need
- A Pemberton Holmes representative will meet you at the airport or at your point of arrival with limousine service and transport you home making the final leg of your travel carefree.
We will be pleased to answer any questions you might have about our concierge service and explore any additional benefits you feel we might offer.
Pemberton Holmes offers a full accounting staff, inclusive of those who hold a CGA certification. While we manage thousands of individual properties, we guarantee you due process of rents and the placement of the Net Proceeds within your account in a timely manner.
Some of the services we provide include:
- Secure electronic banking, inclusive of electronic deposits via Interac should they be needed or the automated debit system for payments.
- The remittance to Canada Revenue for Non Resident owners and the preparation of NR4 documentation at the end of each tax year if needed
- Each month you will receive a Financial Statement outlining all financial activity for the preceding month.
- All money’s received on your behalf will be held in an independent trust account which receives subject to audit by the Superintendent of the BC Real Estate Board
- Not leaving anything to chance; all personal who handle your financial matters at Pemberton are bonded and insured